“Domaine Leyvinie” is located in the relatively unknown department Correze. However, with the more famous Dordogne 10 minutes away, you will not be bored. There is a lot to do and see in the area.
Nature; walking, visiting gardens, lac du causse, and spotting the “guêpier” in our backyard who recently set up a colony here.
History; there are several caves with prehistoric wall paintings and there are dozens of castles, churches and caves.
Culture; various museums such as; the monastery museum in Tulle, Art and history museum in Brive, Neanderthal museum in La-Chapelle-aux-Saints and not forgetting the chocolate museum in Terrasson 😉
Activities; horse riding, donkey riding, karting, canoe, kayak, rafting, amusement parks, water parks, round trips, cycling on the track, ballooning, paragliding, flying, climbing forest, paintball, cycling, golf.
Nice villages and towns to visit (with an activity or not):
- Terrasson-la-villedieu (20 min), beautiful old city center with artists’ shops.
- Brive-la-Gaillarde (25 min), a large part of the old town is a pedestrian area with many sights.
- Arnac-Pompadour (30 min), beautiful castle, regular horse events.
- Turenne (35 min), is one of the most beautiful villages in France, medieval. Nice to combine (possibly with horse and carriage) with
- Collonges-la-Rouge (40 min), is one of the most beautiful villages in France built in the famous red sandstone.
- Perigeux (55 min), warm cozy town with a more southern feel.
- Sarlat la Canéda (1 hour), has a very beautiful authentic center.
- La Roque-Gageac (1 hour, 10 min), one of the most beautiful villages in France, is built between the rocks.
- Rocamadour (1 hour, 10 min), place of pilgrimage, the city is built against a steep mountain side.
- Brantôme en Périgord (1 hour, 20 min), Venice of the Perigord.
Of course you can also just enjoy a day at the pool 😉
Do you need help with booking? (the french don’t always speak english). We like to help you.
Check the opening hours in advance.
We’ve highlighted a few activities for you that our guests were excited about. Are you excited about something? Tell us!
- JCS karting, Lubersac, (35 min.)
Karting (also in the evening), paintball, mini golf, human table football.
- Hautefort Castle (35 min.)
Nice castle with nice garden. Activities for children are also organized in high season. With Halloween very nice decoration in the cellars.
- Caves of Lascaux in Montignac (40 min.)
Discover the story behind the caves discovered in 1940 with hundreds of prehistoric paintings.
- Canoe Montignac (40 min.)
Canoe, sup, kayak, 3 different routes.
- Electric Move, Chambaret (1 uur)
Take a trip on 1 of the special electric vehicles or quads.
- Quadbike, Saint-Hilaire-Peyroux (40 min.)
Discover the Correze on a quad or enduro.
- Vezère Passion, Uzerche (40 min.)
Canoe, Kayak, SUP, Raft, mountain bike, walk, orientation, archery, climbing forest, rock climbing, Geocatching etc.
- Parc d’aventure « Nature Evasion », Jugeals Nazareth (35 min.)
Lazer game, paintball, climbing forest, bubblefoot, archery, etc.
- Monédières Millevaches (1 uur)
See the Correze from the air with a duo flight “parapent”.
- Ferme équestre du Renan-Laleu, Luversac (30 min)
- Cascades de Gimel, (50 min.)
- Ecopiscine Objat (20 min.)
Indoor pool, Outdoor pool with slide, sauna, hammam, fitness etc
- Balad’ane, Ligneyrac (40 min.)
Rent a donkey and go on a self-guided tour from half a day to 11 days!
- Gardens of Eyrignac, (50 min.)
The most beautiful gardens of the Perigord.
- Les Jardins de Quercy, Cambou, (1,5 uur)
- Gouffre de la Fage, Noailles, (30 min)
Beautiful dripstone caves.
- Les Pans de Travassac, Donzenac, (25 min)
Slate quarries with nice little museum.
- Village de la Madeleine, Tursac, (50 min)
Prehistoric cave dwellings.